Start running Asthma Clinics
Time & Location
About the Event
The course consists of multiple e-learning components
- Dedicated WhatsApp support group
Recommended time allocated: 7 hours
Followed by a 1-hour live drop-in session hosted by our Clinical Lead to consolidate your learning & answer any questions you may have.
You will gain access to all of the above learning components 1-week before the live session allowing you enough time to complete the training before attending the live session.
You will receive a certificate upon completion.
What is covered in the course:
- Pathophysiology of Asthma
- Pharmacological treatment of Asthma
- Goals of Asthma management
- Identify patients who are poorly controlled & stepping treatment up
- Identifying asthma triggers & getting them under control
- Identify patients who are on unnecessarily high doses & stepping down
- Inhaler technique & compliance
- Implement the latest national guidelines
- Identify Red Flags
- When to refer for specialist intervention
- Use asthma templates during consultations
- Watch a complete asthma review consultation in action
- Incorporates using the GP surgery system to record your Asthma consultation
- Peak flow
- Creating Personalised Asthma Action Plans
Level 2 Pharmacists- take a self-assessment at www.pharmacistselfassessment.org.uk to identify your competency level and receive an instant personalised report.
- Run Asthma Clinics£245£2450£0