Updated: Oct 11, 2021
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-driven pharmacist who is passionate about patient care and who embraces the opportunity to learn and acquire new skills.
The Pharmacist will be working as a part of a team of experienced GP Practice-based Clinical Pharmacists and will have the support of the team.
Training will be provided but experience in a similar role is advantageous.
The pay rate will depend on experience and will be reviewed periodically as the pharmacist develops.
Essential: GPhC registration
Advantageous: IP qualification, experience in primary care, dealing with prescription queries running medication review clinics, running chronic condition review clinics, proficiency in using the SystmONE or EMIS Web software.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a patient-facing role to clinically assess and treat patients using their expert knowledge of medicines for specific disease areas;
• Work with and alongside the general practice team;
• Be responsible for the care management of patients with chronic diseases and undertake clinical medication reviews to proactively manage people with complex polypharmacy, especially the elderly, people in care homes, those with multiple co-morbidities (in particular frailty, COPD, and asthma), and people with learning disabilities or autism (through stomp – stop over-medication programme);
• Provide specialist expertise in the use of medicines whilst helping to address both the public health and social care needs of patients at the PCN's practice(s) and to help in tackling inequalities;
• Provide leadership on person-centered medicines optimisation (including ensuring prescribers in the practice conserve antibiotics in line with local antimicrobial stewardship guidance) and quality improvement, whilst contributing to the quality and outcomes framework and enhanced services;
• Through structured medication reviews, support patients to take their medications to get the best from them, reduce waste and promote self-care;
• Have a leadership role in supporting further integration of general practice with the wider healthcare teams (including community and hospital pharmacy) to help improve patient outcomes, ensure better access to healthcare and help manage general practice workload;
• Develop relationships and work closely with other pharmacy professionals across PCNs and the wider health and social care system;
• Take a central role in the clinical aspects of shared care protocols, clinical research with medicines, liaison with specialist pharmacists (including mental health and reduction of inappropriate antipsychotic use in people with learning difficulties), liaison with community pharmacists and anticoagulation;
In addition to the above, the pharmacist will also be involved in:
• Processing prescription tasks
• Reconciling discharge letters
• Delivering COVID-19 vaccinations
• Running Audits
The role is available for immediate start. Training will be provided. The pharmacist will be enrolled on CPPE Pathway.
Location: Braintree, Essex
Full-time Permanent Job
We are a Pharmacist run organisation that understands the needs of other pharmacists. We help pharmacists develop their expertise and progress to the next level of their career.
To apply use job reference "PCN-Braintree"